2019.3.15-23Towson, Washington DC, New York
2018.3.28-30Chofu City Sengawa Theater
2018.10.12-14, 20Kanagawa Arts Theatre (KAAT), Matsumoto Performing Arts Centre
2017.11.16, 17Department of Performing Arts（Phnom Penh, Cambodia）
2016.3.30, 31Chofu City Sengawa Theater
2016.9.22, 9.29-10.2Matsumoto Performing Arts Centre, Theatre Tram
- Kitamura conducts fieldwork with the researching team, Nakayama and Murao at Wada Suwa Shrine, the ritual ceremony of Toyama Shimotsuki Matsuri.
- Kaneko starts work with Kim Hak for Images.Cross Transit project “Rhymes of Soil” is performed at Theatre Tram from October 25-27th.Luluk Ari gives Lecture&Workshop in Matsumoto, Nagano Prefecture, and participates in the Demonstration and the Exchanging Cultural Meeting by members of Toyama Shimotsuki Matsuri Preservation Society.Mangangsana participates The International Exchange Event organized by THE SASAGAWA PEACE FOUNDATION in Okinawa.
- Kitamura starts rehearsal with Japanese dancers, and with Luluk Ari via internet. Kaneko (video, scenography) and Yokoyama (music) starts creation.
- Kitamura starts field research of the Toyama Shimotsuki Matsuri, supported by the Toyama Shimotsuki Matsuri Preservation Society, which lectures about Kagura, the structure of the ceremony and differences between their local regions.
- Kitamura starts researching about Kagura Dance.
- U.S Tour of Cross Transit for Japan Society(NY), The Kennedy Center(DC), Towson University(MD) from 15th~23th Mach 2019.
- Artist in residence for Mangangsana、Chy Ratana、Luluk Ari and Yoshie Abe for Creation of the brand new piece, vox soil -new edition- (12- 14th October 2018 at the Kanagawa Arts Theatre (KAAT), 20th October 2018 at Matsumoto Performing Arts Centre ).
- Artist Residence for Mangangsana, Chy Ratana and Luluk Ari for Creation of the brand new piece, Cross Transit “vox soil” (28- 30th March 2018 in Chofu City Sengawa Theater). This piece was try out performance of new collaboration work between Indian, Cambodian, Indonesian and Japanese Artists, through the Researching and Creation in Manipur, Bones, Sado.
- Yokoyama, Artists in Residence for creation with help of Indonesian composer, Nursalim Yadi and Singers in Borneo, Indonesia. Kitamura, started discussion with Kaneko and Sekiguchi about the scenography for a brand new piece, and started rehearsal with Japanese dancers in Tokyo.
- After one week Artist Residence for Japanese Artists with changing scenography, Performance (16-17th Nov.2017) at the theater “Department of Performing Arts” in Phnom Penh, Cambodia co-organized with Amrita Performing Arts. For 2 days, with full audience and gained a high reputation.
- "Daku" ~ spin-out work from Cross Transit project in Roppongi Art Night 2017.Artist in residence for Chy Ratana, rehearsal for performance in Cambodia in November.
- Artist in residence for Mangangsana, Chy Ratana and Kim Hak. Creation and performance presentation in Tokyo and Sado Island, in Niigata Prefecture. Kitamura, fieldwork for Martial Arts and Traditional Music in Yogyakarta and Padang Panjang in West Sumatra, Indonesia. Kitamura, fieldwork for Martial Arts and Traditional Music in Chiang Mai in Thailand, and meeting musicians in Nepal’s each area with personal network of Mangangsana.
- Hak arrives in Japan, and Kitamura begins rehearsals with all the cast. br> Yokoyama travels to Sado for sound recordings. br> Kitamura and the cast begin a residency at Matsumoto City in Nagano Prefecture. br> Hak begins field research. br> Cross Transit premieres at Matsumoto Performing Arts Centre on September 22nd. br> Cross Transit is performed at Theatre Tram from September 29th to October 2nd.
- Kitamura begins rehearsing with the Japanese dancers. br> Cambodian dancer, Chy Ratana, arrives in Japan. br> Hak begins photo shooting in Cambodia. br> Kaneko begins creating film materials based off of Hak’s photos.
- Yokoyama begins his composition. br> He travels to Manipur to do field research with local composers like Mangansana. He also holds workshop sessions with various artists and records materials for composition. br>Marie Takimoto and Chie Akimoto (production staff) begin contacting the Cambodian side to invite their artists. br> Kitamura travels to Sado for sound research.
- Kitamura begins discussing about the development of Cross Transit with Hiroaki Yokoyama (sound director), Kim Hak (photographer), Akihiko Kaneko (film designer), and Yuji Sekiguchi (technical director). br>She starts contacting artists in Manipur and begins selection of dancers in Japan.
- Kim Hak and Chy Ratana return to Japan on March 20th.Kitamura showcases her work in progress to present her field research and residencies on March 30th and 31st at the Sengawa Theater.
- The project begins.Kim Hak, the photographer and visual artist, and Chy Ratana, the dancer, from Cambodia visit Japan on January 30th until February 22nd.Joint creation begins.
- Takimoto and Hiroaki Yokoyama, the sound director, visit Cambodia and Manipur, India.They contact local artists, hold meetings with producers, and record local music for sound material.In December, Kitamura begins a workshop for the creative process with Japanese dancers.
- Kitamura holds an audition for dancers and performers in Japan.
- Kitamura and Marie Takimoto from the production team begin Asia Research.Kitamura travels to Cambodia at the end of July and continues her research in Battambang, Siem Riap, and Phnom Penh.She begins teaching master classes for the dancers from the Amrita Performing Arts Center in Phnom Penh.Takimoto visits Phnom Penh in August for a meeting with the project associates.
- Yasuhiro Morinaga, the sound designer, meets people from the Cambodian music industry and begins recording sound material.
- Akiko Kitamura, the choreographer, begins her First Asia Research.She begins her association with Rithisal Kang from Amrita Performing Arts Center and other local artists in Cambodia and Myanmar.
Copyright 2015-2019 Office ALB. All Rights Reserved.