Cross Transit "vox soil" -new ver.-
Gestures, breaths, and even incomprehensible words and their vibrations take on importance, turning into a rhythm for conversation.
Time seemed to pass slowly in Manipur, northeastern India where I met a composer and musician, Mangansana. I experienced the Manipuri lifestyle with ancient music, dance, and martial arts and rediscovered the richness of conversation in introducing the pulses that have been carefully passed down from generation to generation.
The abundant rhythms of their lifestyle permeated my body, pulsating, recalling memories, and connecting the small worlds in and out of my body.
The steps that send the pulses of the body into the ground and the vibrations that bounce back are transformed into “serpentine undulations.” I surrendered to those undulations, experiencing joy in the intertwining and merging of different rhythms.
It can be considered as a form of prayer that helps unfold the future of Asia by intercrossing regional music and movement across different cultures and languages with seeds that have carefully been transited through the generations.
@Yokohama City (12th-14th October 2018) 12th October (Fri) 19:30- 13th October (Sat) 13:00-, 18:30- 14th October (Sun) 13:00- *Door Open 30min before the show. Venue: Kanagawa Arts Theatre @Matsumoto City (20th October 2018)20th October (Sat) 14:00*Door Open 30min before the show. Venue: Matsumoto Performing Arts Center
- Director / Choreographer / Dancer: Akiko Kitamura
- Dramaturge / Composer / Musician: Mayanglambam Mangangsana (India, Manipur)
- Choreographers / Dancers: Ippei Shiba, Yuka Seike, Yuki Nishiyama, Llon Kawai, Ferena Kagata, Chy Ratana (Amrita Performing Arts, Cambodia), Luluk Ari (Solo Dance Studio, Indonesia)
- Musician: Yoshie Abe (Kodo)
- Sound Director / Sound Operator: Hiroaki Yokoyama (agehasprings)
- Stage Designer / Promotion Designer: Akihiko Kaneko
- Costume Designer: Kyoko Domoto
Copyright 2015-2018 Office A/LB. All Rights Reserved.