The land, its memories and rhythm, possesses the body
The body plays, fighting and riding
The voice, its vibrations, transcends rhythm
The feet, stomp the ground and turn to dust
They watch over, the new era rising
Akiko Kitamura’s Cross Transit project “Rhymes of Soil”
Wherever you go in the world, you can find enriching music and dance as well as the unforgettable marks that people have left in history. And it is on those lands that I dream of dancing as if I am singing and of singing as if I am dancing.
I have been making work inspired by the encounters upon my travels in Asia: the artists who were born there, the cultures that grew there, and the fading history, remembered by its people.
"Cross Transit project" is in the fourth year of its journey, with a work titled, "Rhymes of Soil." The word, ryojin originates from an old story about how talented singers could move the dust over the beams with their voice.
Come witness the fruits of the Southeast and South Asian edition of the project, "Rhymes of Soil."
- Artistic Director / Choreographer / Dancer: Akiko Kitamura
- Dramaturge / Composer / Musician: Mayanglambam Mangangsana (Manipur, India)
- Choreographer / Dancer: Ippei Shiba, Yuka Seike, Yuki Nishiyama, Llon Kawai, Ferena Kagata, Tatsuki Okamura, Luluk Ari (Solo Dance Studio, Indonesia)
- Music Director: Hiroaki Yokoyama (agehasprings)
- Film Direction / Set & Graphic Design: Akihiko Kaneko
- Technical Direction / Lighting Design: Yuji Sekiguchi (balance, inc.DESIGN)
- Costume Design: Michiyo Sato
- Production Management: Satoshi Fukuoka (Catalyst)
- Website Direction: Sayo Nakayama
- Organizer: Office ALB
- Partner: Public Interest Incorporated Foundation Setagaya Arts
- Foundation Setagaya Public Theatre
- Sponsor: Setagaya Ward
- Grant: Arts Council Tokyo (Public Interest Incorporated Foundation Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture), Japan Arts Council, Asahi Group Arts Foundation
- Creation Support: Saison Foundation
- Friday, October 25, 2019, 7:30 p.m.
- Saturday, October 26, 2019, 2:00 p.m. & 7:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 27, 2019, 2:00 p.m.
- * Doors open 30 min before the show.
- Theatre Tram
- Carrot Tower, 4-1-1 Taishido, Setagaya Ward, Tokyo Prefecture 154-0004
- Direct access from Sangen-jaya Station [Tokyu Den-en-toshi Line (2 stations / 5 min from Shibuya Station) / Setagaya Line]
- General Admission in Advance: ¥5,000
- Under 24: ¥3,500*
- High School Student: ¥3,000*
- ★ The tickets are extra ¥500 at the door.
- Setagaya Public Theatre Club: ¥4,700 (only available in advance) *
- Setagaya Arts Card Member: ¥4,800 (only available in advance) *
- Contact for ticket reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org 070-7528-7065 (10:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m.)
- * For reservations and more information, contact the Setagaya Public Theatre Ticket Center or see the official website of the theater (sign up required).
- Sunday, September 8, 10:00 a.m.
- -E Plus https://eplus.jp/
- -Setagaya Public Theatre Ticket Center 03-5432-1515 (Phone & Reception: 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.)
- -Setagaya Public Theatre Online Ticket (Open 24 hours, registration required) https://setagaya-pt.jp/en/
- -No children under 6 years old.
- -Day Care Service (Limited availability, reservation required): ¥2,000 per child aged 6 months to under 9 years (Please contact for children with disability)
- Reservation: Setagaya Public Theatre 03-5432-1526 (Must be made by 12:00 p.m. three days before the day)
- -Wheelchair Seats (Limited availability, reservation required): 10% off the original price (Free admission for up to one assistant)
- Reservation: Setagaya Public Theatre 03-5432-1526 (Must be made by 7:00 p.m. the day before)
- Contact for information on tickets for all performances: email@example.com
Copyright 2015-2019 Office ALB. All Rights Reserved.