- DATE & TIME
- 2018. 3. 28（Wed）20:00
- 2018. 3. 29（Thu）15:00、20:00
- 2018. 3. 30（Fri） 18:30
- *Doors open 30 minutes before performance starts.
- Chofu City Sengawa Theater
- Address: 1-21-5 Sengawacho, Chofu-shi, Tokyo 182-0002
- TEL: 03-3300-0611
- Access: 4 minutes walk from Sengawa Station on the Keio Line
The Asian International Collaborative Project: Cross Transit "vox soil"
Bodies eventually disappear, but dances remain, passed down through living bodies, gradually transforming the bodily senses and memories.
I met Kim Hak, a photographer whose work was themed around memories, in 2015 in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. I took these memories of the people captured in his photos and danced as though they were my own and a part of my body. I feel that I was able to experience the joy of transcending the framework of an individual, reaching closer to anonymity.
Now on our third year into the project, we have invited Mayanglambam Mangangsana, a musician from Manipur, India, as a dramaturge.
Songs and music are a medium for telling stories of that area and can be communal prayers that everyone knows.
Dance is an act that transcends nationality, citizenship, and language, connecting us through the ground beneath our feet. The stepping movements of dancers from various backgrounds all deliver the weight of the body to the ground. The vibrations of their steps turn into rhythms, interacting in the ground, transforming into a conversation--a dance. It can be considered as a form of prayer that helps unfold the future of Asia by intercrossing regional music and movement with seeds that have carefully been transited through the generations.
- Director / Choreographer / Dancer: Akiko Kitamura
- Dramaturge / Composer / Musician: Mayanglambam Mangangsana (India, Manipur)
- Choreographers / Dancers: Yuka Seike, Yuki Nishiyama, Llon Kawai, Ferena Kagata, Chy Ratana (Amrita Performing Arts, Cambodia), Luluk Ari (Solo Dance Studio, Indonesia)
- Musician: Yoshie Abe (Kodo)
- Sound Director / Sound Operator: Hiroaki Yokoyama (agehasprings)
- Stage Designer / Promotion Designer: Akihiko Kaneko
- Technical Director / Lighting Designer: Yuji Sekiguchi (balance, inc. DESIGN)
- Stage Manager: Koki Ura (Stage Work URAK)
- Lighting Operator: Yuki Sugahashi (balance, inc. LIGHTING)
- Costume: Kyoko Domoto
- Sound Engineer: Shinya Kaneko
- Production Manager: Jun Akimoto
- Production Staff / Web Design Director: Sayo Nakayama
- Promotion Photography: Sopheak Vong
- Organizer: Office ALB
- Grants: Japan Arts Council, Japan Foundation Asia Center, Arts Council Tokyo (Tokyo Metropolitan Foundation for History and Culture)
- Creation Support: Kitamaesen Co., Ltd., Kodo Cultural Foundation
- Contributors: Kanagawa Arts Theatre, The Saison Foundation
- Production Collaborator: Amrita Performing Arts
- Ticket on Sale: 10 January 2018
- Advance Ticket (Tax included / All open seating)
- General Admission: ¥3,000
- Student's discount: ¥2,500 (advance ticket only)
- Ticket Sold on the Day: ¥3,500
- Advance Ticket reservation:
- Tel. 0120-240-540 (Toll Free / Mon-Fri 10:00～18:00 / Japanese only）
- Contact for ticket reservation: email@example.com